Time to cook: 0mins
Time to prepare: 10-15mins
Time to wait: 30mins
Ingredients: shallots (3 big ones), carrot (1 large), chilli (optional), salt (1 and 1/2 tbsp), sugar (2 and 1/2 tbsp), white vinegar (2 tbsp), water（2cups, boiling)
Acar is a type of vegetable pickle made in South East Asia.
Without the chilli it helps give your picky eater a different choice of vegetables to try to enjoy.
It is also great with fried rice and other South East Asia dishes.
- Cut all vegetables into small cubes.
- Add the salt and vegetables into a bowl, add in the boiling water, stir well and sit for 15mins
- Stir in sugar, vinegar, chilli (optional, you can use whole or chopped, and it is upto you of add how many)
- Let it sit for 15mins before serving
My Quick Acar in a Jar
- You can add in other vegetables like cabbages, cucumbers etc.
- Make a big jar and it lasts a few months =)
- The longer you let it sit through the better it tastes, just like all other type of pickled vegetables.
- I like big chuncks as I find smaller/finer dices are not as tasty and the texture is not as great as chuncky ones.