STIR FRIED GREEN BEAN WITH GARLIC
Time to cook: 10mins
Time to prepare: 10mins
Ingredients: green beans (250g), garlic (5 cloves), stock/water(150ml), salt, oil (1tbsp)
Well, my daughter loves anything thin and long, so any type of noodles, asparagus are all on her safe list.
How can I not cook green beans then :) Make sure you cook through though because raw ones are poisonous
- Cut green beans into length to your liking
- Mince the garlic, I found minced garlic gives more flavour
- In a hot hot pan (preferably wok/skillet), add in oil, then quickly add in garlic
- Cook garlic until they start to change colour.
- Quickly add in the green beans
- Cook for 1 mintue, pour in a bit of stock/water (that just covers the bottom of the pan/wok/skillet you are using.
- Make sure you stir all the way through.
- Once the liquid are about to dry up, add a bit more stock, let the green beans absorb it again.
- Repeat this until the green beans start to soften, if you are running out of stock then use water.
- Add in salt to taste (and pepper if you like)
- Continue to cook and stir until the beans are tender to your liking.
She can finish up a whole plate.
- The key to this dish is hot pan! And don't add too much stock/water at a time, you are doing quick stir fry!
- You can try add in pork/chicken mince after the garlic start to change colour, about 50g (not too much, or you can use very small chicken/pork dices)
- You can use soy sauce instead of salt too, it will make the whole dish a bit darker.
- You can use paper towel to drain the excess oil before serving to your kids.